Soup: Vegetable soup with cheese
Salad: Altomih salad
Appetiser: Zucchini panee
Main course: Lamp ribs with honey
Dessert: Balah El-Sham
- 1 kg lamb ribs, with minimal fat – ray-esh da-ny
- ½ cup honey – a’-sal
- ½ cup olive oil – zeit za-toon
- ¼ cup brown sugar – sok-kar bon-nee
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar – ghal bal-sa-mic
- 1 tsp cumin – kam-moon
- 1 tsp paprika – pa-pree-ka
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon – er-fa
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves – rose-ma-ry akh-dar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped – tom
- salt and pepper- malh and fel-fel
- Combine the honey and oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the cumin, paprika, cinnamon and rosemary in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the brown sugar to the spice mix and combine with the honey-oil mixture, balsamic vinegar and garlic.
- Place the ribs in a large, deep dish and pour the mixture in the dish until all the ribs are well coated. Cover the dish and place in the fridge for a few hours, this can be done up to 24hrs in advance.
- Fry the ribs in a large nonstick pan on medium heat, turn them frequently to make sure they cook all the way through. The ribs will blacken because the sugar will burn.
- Serve immediately.